Developed exclusively for integration into kiosks, the Datacard® SP55k kiosk card printer delivers an attractive combination of proven reliability, high-quality card printing and the ability to integrate smoothly with a variety of kiosk designs. To help kiosk integrators even more, it has low maintenance requirements and is very easy to use.
- Choose from three flexible configurations.
- Adapt card printing for multiple kiosk designs.
- Launch new kiosk concepts more quickly.
Vivid, versatile cards
- Print full-color or one-color cards and choose from one- or two-sided printing. All choices deliver brilliant results with dye sublimation quality and edge-to-edge coverage.
- Flexible parameters and a coverless design easily adapt to multiple kiosks. Integrators can also choose from three configurations for simplex, duplex or duplex ATM-style card issuance. Use the integrator’s kit to look at detailed specifications and determine which configuration best suits your design.
- The metal mounting base allows for secure attachment inside the kiosk structure.
- Integrators can customize the output location of printed cards to match the specific application and kiosk design. The card drop angle can be easily customized by adjusting settings on the printer’s LCD panel.
- To keep kiosks up and running and minimize downtime, the SP55k printer can be swapped into a kiosk without reinstalling the driver.
- A separate area for rejected cards helps increase security and maintain quality control. (Available with one-sided printing only.)
- ISO magnetic stripe encoding (factory install or field upgrade)
- Smart card personalization (factory install or field upgrade)
- Networking: The printer supports Ethernet 10/100 Base-T bi-directional networking for the Windows 2000, Server 2003 and XP operating systems.
- Backlit LCD panel: Improve efficiency with a built-in LCD panel that shows printer status at-a-glance and makes it easy to adjust printer settings.
- Locking input hopper: Protect cards from theft with a locking input hopper.
- Input hopper empty detection: The SP55k Plus printer can detect when the input hopper is empty. Add this custom feature to your printer with the software developer’s kit (SDK).
Secure mounting base
Configurable card output locations and drop angle
Hot swappable printer feature
Card reject tray
A wide variety of smart card options provides flexibility for many applications.
- Direct-to-card dye sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- 300 dots per inch (11.8 dots/mm)
- 256 shades
- Full color: Approximately 22-23 seconds per card (one-sided printing, YMCKT ribbon), approximately 30-32 seconds per card (two-sided printing, YMCKT-K ribbon) or approximately 35-36 seconds per card (two-sided printing, YMCKT-KT ribbon)
- Monochrome: Approximately 6-8 seconds per card (one-sided printing, K ribbon) or approximately 15-17 seconds per card (two-sided printing
- Print speeds can vary depending on card design, encoding functions, performance and printer configuratio
- L 20.15 in. x W 8.54 in. x H 9.81 in. to H 12.21 in. (51.18 cm x 21.69 cm x 24.92 cm to 31.01 cm)
- L 21.15 in. x W 8.54 in. x H 9.81 in. to H 12.21 in. (53.72 cm x 21.69 cm x 24.92 cm to 31.01 cm)
- Less than 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) without supplies
- 24-month printhead warranty — no prorating, no card counting
Dimensions (simplex and duplex card issuance configurations):
Dimensions (duplex ATM-style card issuance configuration):